We can help you take care of everything you need in order to set up and operate your Curacao online e-Gaming company, such as
- Hundreds of licenses already obtained for our customers
- We have expert knowledge and experience
- Just 2-3 weeks for the complete License process
- Additional services: Banking & Payments
- Last updated: June 2021
- We already succeeded in helping many customers obtain Curacao gaming sub-licenses
- No hassles for you
- Fast and low-cost procedure
- You benefit from our expert experience
- We allocate a dedicated professional account manager
- We provide assistance with payment and banking services
- The license is valid for all iGaming – sports gambling, casino, poker, bingo, lottery
- No restrictions on cryptocurrency with a Curaçao license
- High demand from online casino companies world-wide
- Easy to get, fast and low-cost procedure
- Low yearly maintenance
- With this license, you can open bank accounts
A master license and a sub-license. While both cover gaming operators and allow the same essential rights for e-gaming operations, there is a distinction between the two.
It licenses e-gaming operations for the holder and provides the possibility to sell sub-licenses to other third parties, which are subject to the same restrictions and covenants of the Master license.
Master licenses are issued at the discretion of the Minister of Justice, and it has become extremely difficult to obtain a master license in Curacao.
It offers the same rights to operate online gambling activities in a legitimate manner but is a single-instance license. A sub-licensee cannot sell additional sub-licenses to third parties.
NOTE: There is strong anti-money-laundering legislation in force in Curaçao.
All online gaming operators must obtain a sub-license in order to run internet gambling operations in Curacao. The Curacao gaming laws require full compliance with all the relevant regulations before you can operate. Let our expert team at GBO take care of the necessary procedures to obtain the license, set up your company and banking accounts. Check with us for the current applicable charges.
Over the past few decades, since it started offering an e-gaming license in 1996, Curaçao has established itself as one of the most sought-after jurisdictions in which to obtain a gaming license. Other positive factors are that Curaçao has no VAT, a low corporate income tax of only 2%, no tax on bets, a progressive legislative system, political stability, first-rate telecommunications facilities, and a well-established financial services industry. Taken together, these make Curaçao an extremely attractive environment for international online gaming companies.
To operate properly in full compliance with the Curaçao gambling law, a company offering online e-Gaming services in Curaçao must obtain the proper licensing, banking, and corporate entities. GBO can give you all the assistance necessary, including oversight by a qualified Curaçao gaming lawyer so that you can structure all the necessary licensing, company formation, bank accounts, gaming payment solutions and more.
What are the advantages of the Curaçao gambling license?
- Curaçao is highly regarded as one of the world’s oldest, most politically stable and reputable gaming licensing jurisdictions
- Curaçao has very favorable tax rates compared to other jurisdictions
- Curaçao is known for its fairness in handling disputes
- The Curaçao license allows for eGambling operations in the full range of activities, including sports betting, casino and table games, poker, and Lotto
- The cost of a Curaçao sub-license is usually lower than in other reputable jurisdictions
- Regulation of business in Curaçao is less restrictive that most other jurisdictions, allowing operators to act more freely
- Curaçao’s IT infrastructure offers a wide array of services for online gaming operators and providers, such as high-capacity private racks, private cloud services, custom dedicated servers as well as other hosting options.
What is the online Curaçao e-gaming licensing authority?
The government of Curacao provides casino operators, software and service providers in the e-gaming industry with a gaming license that allows gaming operators to conduct business relating to casino, lotto and other gambling-related activities.
Gaming in Curacao is regulated by the Curacao Gaming Commission, which is associated with the government of Netherlands Antilles. The jurisdiction is known to be one of the oldest, most reputable and highly respected in the online casino services industry.
The regulatory body in charge of handling the Curacao Gaming Commission is known as the Curacao Internet Gaming Association (CIGA). Established in 2001, CIGA controls all online gaming operators and as a member of the Interactive Gaming Council (IGC) it is bound by its code of conduct.
The Curaçao e-Gaming Licensing Authority strives to ensure that its licensees operate within the guidelines established by the Government of Netherlands Antilles and that standards of customer service are followed.
Forming a new Curaçao company can enable companies to apply for an e-zone permit. Having an e-zone permit has specific advantages. Let GBO guide you in making the appropriate choice for your own operations.
What is the level of Curaçao corporate taxing?
A BV company operating in Curaçao’s E-Zone today can pay a corporate tax rate of just 2%, with no restriction on the distribution of dividends. It’s essential, though, to get the structure right from the very beginning, so you should let our experts guide you from start to finish.
What taxes apply to gambling operators?
Of all the major online gaming jurisdictions, Curacao offers the most favourable gaming tax provisions of any in the world. Most international e-gaming operators are double taxed. The GGR (gross gaming revenue) tax is levied on the net profit on the actual gaming (bets minus payouts), and can range as high as 25%. Next, companies are taxed on their own net profits (income minus expenditure) and are lucky if that can be lower than 15%.
Curaçao does not levy any tax on gaming profit (or rather, the GGR tax rate currently is zero.) Companies set up with our guidance with the proper corporate structure only pay 2% tax on net profit, and can redeem 98% in tax-free dividends to shareholders.
In terms defined in the Curaçao gaming laws, a sub-license holder has no restrictions on the territories from which players intend to conduct their gaming activities. It is the responsibility of the operator / licensee to be familiar with the local laws and requirements of the territories in which they intend to offer their services.
At the time of writing, the restricted countries by Curacao gambling laws are:
Australia, the ABC territories, France, The Netherlands, the Caribbean islands, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom, the USA, and any other jurisdiction that Curaçao declares online gambling illegal.
* There is strong anti-money laundering legislation in force in Curaçao .
- Maintain a full audit trail for every player who makes a deposit with an operator, including financial transactions and individual wagers
- Make full details of all gaming systems, including back-end software logs, to third-party auditors
- Not engage in unethical marketing or advertising practices.
Recommended for you