- Keep things simple by choosing GBO’s assistance with finding merchant account as well as payment gateway. If there is ever an issue with your payment processing, you are only one phone call away from fixing it.
Payment gateway vs. merchant account for ecommerce websites
Payment gateways are an essential component of the e-commerce merchant account, as a tool for handling payment information. The merchant account service however, goes well beyond handling the information gathered from the cardholder. It allows an ecommerce merchant to accept credit or debit cards, as well as any other payment method, such as alternative payments and ewallets, by connecting the merchant’s virtual check-out tools with a processing bank. This processing bank acquires the transaction and transfers the funds equal to the transaction amount minus any processing fees, to the merchant’s account.
Ecommerce high risk merchant account services provide a merchant with the ability to process an entire transaction, from the moment the information is captured at the point of sale (whether physical or virtual), to the settlement of funds.
- Customers prefer making purchases using a credit card rather than an alternative payment method.
- With a merchant account, you have complete control over your funds. All sales are deposited directly into the checking account of your choice.
- There is no need to transfer funds from one account to another.
- Our easy-to-use gateway interface allows you to manage your transactions and monitor and control payments.
- Merchant accounts give you access to a set of advanced fraud-prevention tools that allow you to manage fraud and protect your business and your assets.
- Without caps on volume, you can grow your business without limit.
- Funds are automatically deposited directly into the checking account of your choice, so you get your money quickly.