We can help you take care of everything you need in order to set up and operate your Curacao online e-Gaming company, this is why:
- Hundreds of licenses already obtained for our customers
- We have expert knowledge and experience
- Just 2-3 weeks for the complete License process
- Additional services: Banking & Payments
- Competitive Curacao gaming license costs
- Last updated: December 2021
- We already succeeded in helping many customers obtain Curacao gaming sub-licenses
- No hassles for you
- Fast and low-cost procedure
- You benefit from our expert experience
- We allocate a dedicated professional account manager
- We provide assistance with payment and banking services
- The license is valid for all iGaming – sports gambling, casino, poker, bingo, lottery
- No restrictions on cryptocurrency with a Curaçao license
- High demand from online casino companies world-wide
- Easy to get, fast and low-cost procedure
- Low yearly maintenance
- With this license, you can open bank accounts
A master license and a sub-license. While both cover gaming operators and allow the same essential rights for e-gaming operations, there is a distinction between the two.
It licenses e-gaming operations for the holder and provides the possibility to sell sub-licenses to other third parties, which are subject to the same restrictions and covenants of the Master license.
Master licenses are issued at the discretion of the Minister of Justice, and it has become extremely difficult to obtain a master license in Curacao.
It offers the same rights to operate online gambling activities in a legitimate manner but is a single-instance license. A sub-licensee cannot sell additional sub-licenses to third parties.
NOTE: There is strong anti-money-laundering legislation in force in Curaçao.
All online gaming operators must obtain a sub-license in order to run internet gambling operations in Curacao. The Curacao gaming laws require full compliance with all the relevant regulations before you can operate. Let our expert team at GBO take care of the necessary procedures to obtain the license, set up your company and banking accounts. Check with us for the current applicable charges.
Over the past few decades, since it started offering an e-gaming license in 1996, Curaçao has established itself as one of the most sought-after jurisdictions in which to obtain a gaming license. Other positive factors are that Curaçao has no VAT, a low corporate income tax of only 2%, no tax on bets, a progressive legislative system, political stability, first-rate telecommunications facilities, and a well-established financial services industry. Taken together, these make Curaçao an extremely attractive environment for international online gaming companies.
To operate properly in full compliance with the Curaçao gambling law, a company offering online e-Gaming services in Curaçao must obtain the proper licensing, banking, and corporate entities. GBO can give you all the assistance necessary, including oversight by a qualified Curaçao gaming lawyer so that you can structure all the necessary licensing, company formation, bank accounts, gaming payment solutions and more.
Curacao Gaming License Cost & Requirements: What You Need to Know
To run an online gambling or e-gaming operation, a sub-license is required. This sub-license can only be issued by organizations that hold a master license, which is where GBO comes in.
It has become increasingly difficult to obtain a master license, but we have gone through these processes for you, making it that much easier and more cost-effective to obtain a Curacao gaming license.
Our trusted network of experts and proven infrastructures have made it possible for us to offer competitive licensing fees that include all the necessary procedures and requirements.
How Much Does a Curacao Gaming License Cost?
You can expect a Curacao gaming license to cost between €15,000 to €25,000, depending on the exact corporate structure. This fee includes all the necessary steps to be undertaken to get your online gaming operation up and running, including:
- Incorporation of a holding company.
- Acquiring the Curacao gambling sub-license.
- Setting up merchant payments and accounts
What are the advantages of the Curaçao gambling license?
- Curaçao is highly regarded as one of the world’s oldest, most politically stable and reputable gaming licensing jurisdictions
- Curaçao has very favorable tax rates compared to other jurisdictions
- Curaçao is known for its fairness in handling disputes
- The Curaçao license allows for eGambling operations in the full range of activities, including sports betting, casino and table games, poker, and Lotto
- The cost of a Curaçao sub-license is usually lower than in other reputable jurisdictions
- Regulation of business in Curaçao is less restrictive that most other jurisdictions, allowing operators to act more freely
- Curaçao’s IT infrastructure offers a wide array of services for online gaming operators and providers, such as high-capacity private racks, private cloud services, custom dedicated servers as well as other hosting options.
What is the online Curaçao e-gaming licensing authority?
The government of Curacao provides casino operators, software and service providers in the e-gaming industry with a gaming license that allows gaming operators to conduct business relating to casino, lotto and other gambling-related activities.
Gaming in Curacao is regulated by the Curacao Gaming Commission, which is associated with the government of Netherlands Antilles. The jurisdiction is known to be one of the oldest, most reputable and highly respected in the online casino services industry.
The regulatory body in charge of handling the Curacao Gaming Commission is known as the Curacao Internet Gaming Association (CIGA). Established in 2001, CIGA controls all online gaming operators and as a member of the Interactive Gaming Council (IGC) it is bound by its code of conduct.
The Curaçao e-Gaming Licensing Authority strives to ensure that its licensees operate within the guidelines established by the Government of Netherlands Antilles and that standards of customer service are followed.
Forming a new Curaçao company can enable companies to apply for an e-zone permit. Having an e-zone permit has specific advantages. Let GBO guide you in making the appropriate choice for your own operations.
What is the level of Curaçao corporate taxing?
A BV company operating in Curaçao’s E-Zone today can pay a corporate tax rate of just 2%, with no restriction on the distribution of dividends. It’s essential, though, to get the structure right from the very beginning, so you should let our experts guide you from start to finish.
What taxes apply to gambling operators?
Of all the major online gaming jurisdictions, Curacao offers the most favourable gaming tax provisions of any in the world. Most international e-gaming operators are double taxed. The GGR (gross gaming revenue) tax is levied on the net profit on the actual gaming (bets minus payouts), and can range as high as 25%. Next, companies are taxed on their own net profits (income minus expenditure) and are lucky if that can be lower than 15%.
Curaçao does not levy any tax on gaming profit (or rather, the GGR tax rate currently is zero.) Companies set up with our guidance with the proper corporate structure only pay 2% tax on net profit, and can redeem 98% in tax-free dividends to shareholders.
In terms defined in the Curaçao gaming laws, a sub-license holder has no restrictions on the territories from which players intend to conduct their gaming activities. It is the responsibility of the operator / licensee to be familiar with the local laws and requirements of the territories in which they intend to offer their services.
At the time of writing, the restricted countries by Curacao gambling laws are:
Australia, the ABC territories, France, The Netherlands, the Caribbean islands, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom, the USA, and any other jurisdiction that Curaçao declares online gambling illegal.
* There is strong anti-money laundering legislation in force in Curaçao .
- Maintain a full audit trail for every player who makes a deposit with an operator, including financial transactions and individual wagers
- Make full details of all gaming systems, including back-end software logs, to third-party auditors
- Not engage in unethical marketing or advertising practices.
There are certain guidelines to be followed and requirements to be met for a company to receive a license from the Curaçao Gaming Commission. The company must submit all the necessary documents of the shareholder(s) for the Curaçao company to be formed. This includes an application for the Curaçao Department of Justice to proceed to conduct an investigation of the company and a request for registration with the Curaçao Chamber of Commerce as a locally formed legal entity. Once the investigation is concluded and all relevant documentation approved, a provisional license subject to a number of conditions is issued. One such condition is the ability to provide a set guarantee deposit. Generally, after submission of all application documents, it takes about a fortnight for the license to be issued.
How long does it take to get a Curaçao online casino license?
Using our expert service, the procedure for obtaining a Curaçao gaming sub-license is fast and efficient and can be completed in under 2 weeks.
How to apply and do I need to apply for multiple types of Curacao gambling licenses?
Applying should be done through us as we all the required knowledge and experience. It is only possible to acquire a sub-license in Curaçao, which covers all forms of online gaming such as online casinos, poker, sports betting, lotto etc.
Curaçao e-gaming license costs:
We offer competitive fees and fast incorporation. The charges for obtaining the license are divided into several categories:
- Incorporation of a holding company for the sub-license. The incorporation process includes company formation, drawing up corporate documents, payment of all government fees, getting corporate documents registered and stamped, and relevant courier charges.
- Please note that the company license must be renewed annually. Renewing includes annual maintenance fees such as government fees, resident agent fees, registered office costs etc.
- Acquiring the gambling sub-license for Curaçao – including all procedures – set-up fees, annual sub-license fee, annual due diligence fee and annual database backup hosting. Contact us for full details of all costs involved.
- Other services we offer. You can also select from optional services such as providing a nominee shareholder and/or nominee director. The cost for these is added to our quote.
- Payment services and banking – we can assist you with your merchant payment needs. Each online gambling operation must have the ability to accept and repay funds from end-user players. This is the most basic aspect of running your Curaçao online casino. Our service assists with opening an account for wire transfers from users, and assistance with opening merchant accounts in top banks in Europe and Asia. (This is an exclusive and unique service!)
How do I get a Curaçao gaming license?
Your application will be for a sub-license, which grants you all of the necessary rights to operate in Curaçao. You can provide the following gaming actions:
- Sports Betting
- Casino Games
- Slot Machines
- Video Poker
- Other card games
How do I get a gambling license in Curaçao?
We are here to help you negotiate the necessary steps. As long as you have followed all the correct procedures, you should be up and running within a few weeks.
How are Curaçao’s gambling laws set?
The laws regulating the gambling industry are set by the authorities of the Government. These currently are managed by the Curaçao Gaming Control Board
GBO provides all the necessary advice and guidance relevant to the laws of Curaçao when our customers are setting up their operations.
What must I know about the Curaçao gambling commission
The commission is established under the Curaçao Minister of Justice and is known as Curaçao Internet Gaming Association (CIGA).
GBO provides all the necessary advice and guidance about the functions of the Commission when our customers are setting up their operations.
Recommended for you